Effective date: November 17, 2021
What information does Argos collect?
Information You Provide to Us:
We receive and store any information you knowingly provide to us. For example, through the registration process and/or through your account settings, we may collect Personal Information such as the following:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Credit/debit card information
We may communicate with you if you’ve provided us the means to do so. For example, if you’ve given us your email address, we may send you promotional email offers on behalf of other businesses, or email you about your use of the Services. Also, we may receive a confirmation when you open an email from us. This confirmation helps us make our communications with you more interesting and improve our services. If you do not want to receive communications from us, please indicate your preference by contacting us at email@example.com.
Information Collected Automatically
Whenever you interact with our Services, we automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser or device, which may include your IP address, geolocation data, device identification, “cookie” information, the type of browser and/or device you’re using to access our Services, and the page or feature you requested. We may use this data to customize content for you that we think you might like, based on your usage patterns. We may also use it to improve the Services – for example, this data can tell us how often users use a particular feature of the Services, and we can use that knowledge to make the Services interesting to as many users as possible.
Cookies: “Cookies” are identifiers we transfer to your browser or device that allow us to recognize your browser or device and tell us how and when pages and features in our Services are visited and by how many people. Our advertising partners may also transmit cookies to your browser or device, when you click on ads that appear on the Services. Also, if you click on a link to a third party website or service, a third party may also transmit cookies to you. Cookies can either be “session cookies” or “persistent cookies”. Session cookies are temporary cookies that are stored on your device while you are visiting our Website or using our Service, whereas “persistent cookies” are stored on your device for a period of time after you leave our website or Services. We’ve provided a quick summary of some of the cookie types we and our service providers use on the Services.
- Essential Cookies: Essential cookies are required for providing you with features or services that you have requested. For example, certain cookies enable you to log into secure areas of our Services. Disabling these cookies will make certain features and services unavailable.
- Functional Cookies: Functional cookies are used to record your choices and settings regarding our Services, maintain your preferences over time and recognize you when you return to our Services. These cookies help us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name, and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Performance/Analytical Cookies: Performance/analytical cookies allow us to understand how visitors use our Services such as by collecting information about the number of visitors to the website, what pages visitors view on our website and how long visitors are viewing pages on the website. Performance/analytical cookies also help us measure the performance of our advertising campaigns in order to help us improve our campaigns and the Service’s content for those who engage with our advertising.
- Retargeting/Advertising Cookies: Retargeting/advertising cookies collect data about your online activity and identify your interests so that we can provide advertising that we believe is relevant to you.
Information Collected From Other Websites and Do Not Track Policy
Will Argos share any of the Personal Information it receives?
We may share your Personal Information with third parties as described in this section:
Information that’s been de-identified. We may de-identify your Personal Information so that you are not identified as an individual, and provide that information to our partners. We may also provide aggregate usage information to our partners (or allow partners to collect that information from you), who may use such information to understand how often and in what ways people use our Services, so that they, too, can provide you with an optimal online experience. However, we never disclose aggregate usage or de-identified information to a partner (or allow a partner to collect such information) in a manner that would identify you as an individual person.
Advertisers: We allow advertisers and/or merchant partners (“Advertisers”) to choose the demographic information of users who will see their advertisements and/or promotional offers and you agree that we may provide any of the information we have collected from you in non-personally identifiable form to an Advertiser, in order for that Advertiser to select the appropriate audience for those advertisements and/or offers. For example, we might use the fact you are located in San Francisco to show you ads or offers for San Francisco businesses, but we will not tell such businesses who you are. Or, we might allow Advertisers to display their ads to users with similar usage patterns to yours, but we will not disclose usage information to Advertisers except in aggregate form, and not in a manner that would identify you personally. Note that if an advertiser asks us to show an ad to a certain audience or audience segment and you respond to that ad, the advertiser may conclude that you fit the description of the audience they were trying to reach.
We may deliver a file to you through the Services (known as a “web beacon”) from an ad network. Web beacons allow ad networks to provide anonymized, aggregated auditing, research and reporting for us and for advertisers. Web beacons also enable ad networks to serve targeted advertisements to you when you visit other websites. Because your web browser must request these advertisements and web beacons from the ad network’s servers, these companies can view, edit, or set their own cookies, just as if you had requested a web page from their site. You may be able to opt-out of web beacon tracking conducted by third parties through our Services by adjusting the Do Not Track settings on your browser; please note that we don’t control whether or how these third parties comply with Do Not Track requests.
Affiliated Businesses: In certain situations, businesses or third party websites we’re affiliated with may sell or provide products or services to you through or in connection with the Services (either alone or jointly with us). You can recognize when an affiliated business is associated with such a transaction or service, and we will share your Personal Information with that affiliated business only to the extent that it is related to such transaction or service. One such service may include the ability for you to automatically transmit Third Party Account Information to your Services profile or to automatically transmit information in your Services profile to your third party account; for example, if you log onto our Services through your Google account. We have no control over the policies and practices of third party websites or businesses as to privacy or anything else, so if you choose to take part in any transaction or service relating to an affiliated website or business, please review all such business’ or websites’ policies.
Agents: We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you; for example, we may use a payment processing company to receive and process your credit card transactions for us. Unless we tell you differently, our agents do not have any right to use the Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us.
User Profiles and Submissions: Certain user profile information, including your name, location, and any content that you have uploaded to the Services, may be displayed to other users to facilitate user interaction within the Services or address your request for our Services. Your account privacy settings may allow you to limit the other users who can see the Personal Information in your user profile and/or what information in your user profile is visible to others. Please remember that any content you upload to your public user profile, along with any Personal Information or content that you voluntarily disclose online in a manner other users can view (on discussion boards, in messages and chat areas, etc.) becomes publicly available, and can be collected and used by anyone. Your user name may also be displayed to other users if and when you send messages or comments or upload images or videos through the Services and other users can contact you through messages and comments. Additionally, if you sign into the Services through a third party social networking site or service, your list of “friends” from that site or service may be automatically imported to the Services, and such “friends,” if they are also registered users of the Services, may be able to access certain non-public information you have entered in your Services user profile. Again, we do not control the policies and practices of any other third party site or service.
Business Transfers: We may choose to buy or sell assets, and may share and/or transfer customer information in connection with the evaluation of and entry into such transactions. Also, if we (or our assets) are acquired, or if we go out of business, enter bankruptcy, or go through some other change of control, Personal Information could be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party, and we would share Personal Information with the party that is acquiring our assets. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of us or our assets may continue to use your Personal Information as set forth in this policy.
Is Personal Information about me secure?
Your account is protected by a password for your privacy and security. If you access your account via a third party site or service, you may have additional or different sign-on protections via that third party site or service. You must prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password and/or other sign-on mechanism appropriately and limiting access to your computer or device and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
We endeavor to protect the privacy of your account and other Personal Information we hold in our records, but unfortunately, we cannot guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
What Personal Information can I access?
Through your account settings, you may access, and, in some cases, edit or delete the following information you’ve provided to us:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Credit/debit card information
- User profile information, including content, images, and videos you have uploaded to the site
The information you can view, update, and delete may change as the Services change. If you have any questions about viewing or updating information we have on file about you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What choices do I have?
You can always opt not to disclose information to us, but keep in mind some information may be needed to register with us or to take advantage of some of our features.
You may be able to add, update, or delete information as explained above. When you update information, however, we may maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records. You may request deletion of your account by sending an email to email@example.com. Some information may remain in our records after your deletion of such information from your account. We may use any aggregated data derived from or incorporating your Personal Information after you update or delete it, but not in a manner that would identify you personally.
If you are a resident of the European Union (“EU”), United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway, or Iceland, you may have additional rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”) with respect to your Personal Data, as outlined below.
For this section, we use the terms “Personal Data” and “processing” as they are defined in the GDPR, but “Personal Data” generally means information that can be used to individually identify a person, and “processing” generally covers actions that can be performed in connection with data such as collection, use, storage and disclosure. Argos will be the controller of your Personal Data processed in connection with the Services.
What Personal Data Do We Collect From You? We collect Personal Data about you when you provide such information directly to us, when third parties such as our business partners or service providers provide us with Personal Data about you, or when Personal Data about you is automatically collected in connection with your use of our Services. For more information, please refer to “What Information does Argos Collect?”
How Do We Use Your Personal Data? We process Personal Data to operate, improve, understand and personalize our Services. For example, we use Personal Data to:
- Create and manage user profiles
- Communicate with you about the Services
- Process orders
- Contact you about Service announcements, updates or offers
- Provide support and assistance for the Services
- Personalize website content and communications based on your preferences
- Meet contract or legal obligations
- Respond to user inquiries
- Fulfill user requests
- Comply with our legal or contractual obligations
- Resolve disputes
- Protect against or deter fraudulent, illegal or harmful actions
- Enforce our Terms of Service
We will only process your Personal Data if we have a lawful basis for doing so. Lawful bases for processing include consent, contractual necessity and our “legitimate interests” or the legitimate interest of others, as further described below.
- Your full name
- Your email address
- Legitimate Interest: We process the following categories of Personal Data when we believe it furthers the legitimate interest of us or third parties.
- Your phone number
- Your IP address
Examples of these legitimate interests include:
- Operation and improvement of our business, products and services
- Marketing of our products and services
- Provision of customer support
- Protection from fraud or security threats
- Compliance with legal obligations
- Completion of corporate transactions
- Consent: In some cases, we process Personal Data based on the consent you expressly grant to us at the time we collect such data. When we process Personal Data based on your consent, it will be expressly indicated to you at the point and time of collection.
- Other Processing Grounds: From time to time we may also need to process Personal Data to comply with a legal obligation, if it is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or other data subjects, or if it is necessary for a task carried out in the public interest.
- Payment processors
- Fraud prevention service providers
- Ad networks
- Analytics service providers
- Staff augmentation and contract personnel
- Hosting service providers
- Co-location service providers
- Telecommunications service providers
We also share Personal Data when necessary to complete a transaction initiated or authorized by you or provide you with a product or service you have requested. In addition to those set forth above, these parties also include:
- Other users (where you post information publicly or as otherwise necessary to effect a transaction initiated or authorized by you through the Services)
- Social media services (if you interact with them through your use of the Services)
- Third party business partners who you access through the Services
- Other parties authorized by you
We also share information with third parties when you have given us consent to do so (as indicated at the point such information is collected).
We also share Personal Data when we believe it is necessary to:
- Comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process, including from law enforcement or other government agencies
- Protect us, our business or our users, for example to enforce our terms of service, prevent spam or other unwanted communications and investigate or protect against fraud
- Maintain the security of our products and services
Furthermore, if we choose to buy or sell assets, user information is typically one of the transferred business assets. Moreover, if we, or substantially all of our assets, were acquired, or if we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party, and we would share Personal Data with the party that is acquiring our assets. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of us or our assets may continue to use your Personal Information as set forth in this policy
How Long Do We Retain Your Personal Data? We retain Personal Data about you for as long as you have an open account with us or as otherwise necessary to provide you Services. In some cases we retain Personal Data for longer, if doing so is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or collect fees owed, or is otherwise permitted or required by applicable law, rule or regulation. Afterwards, we retain some information in a depersonalized or aggregated form but not in a way that would identify you personally.
What Security Measures Do We Use? We seek to protect Personal Data using appropriate technical and organizational measures based on the type of Personal Data and applicable processing activity.
What Rights Do You Have Regarding Your Personal Data? You have certain rights with respect to your Personal Data, including those set forth below. For more information about these rights, or to submit a request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that in some circumstances, we may not be able to fully comply with your request, such as if it is frivolous or extremely impractical, if it jeopardizes the rights of others, or if it is not required by law, but in those circumstances, we will still respond to notify you of such a decision. In some cases, we may also need to you to provide us with additional information, which may include Personal Data, if necessary to verify your identity and the nature of your request.
- Access: You can request more information about the Personal Data we hold about you and request a copy of such Personal Data.
- Rectification: If you believe that any Personal Data we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, you can request that we correct or supplement such data. You can also correct some of this information directly by updating your user profile.
- Erasure: You can request that we erase some or all of your Personal Data from our systems.
- Withdrawal of Consent: If we are processing your Personal Data based on your consent (as indicated at the time of collection of such data), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note, however, that if you exercise this right, you may have to then provide express consent on a case-by-case basis for the use or disclosure of certain of your Personal Data, if such use or disclosure is necessary to enable you to utilize some or all of our Services.
- Portability: You can ask for a copy of your Personal Data in a machine-readable format. You can also request that we transmit the data to another controller where technically feasible.
- Objection: You can contact us to let us know that you object to the further use or disclosure of your Personal Data for certain purposes.
- Restriction of Processing: You can ask us to restrict further processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to File Complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint about Argos’s practices with respect to your Personal Data with the supervisory authority of your country or EU Member State.
Do we transfer EU Users’ Personal Data Outside the EU?
The Services are hosted and operated in the United States (“U.S.”) through Argos and its service providers, and if you do not reside in the U.S., laws in the U.S. may differ from the laws where you reside. By using the Services, you acknowledge that any Personal Data about you, regardless of whether provided by you or obtained from a third party, is being provided to Argos in the U.S. and will be hosted on U.S. servers, and you authorize Argos to transfer, store and process your information to and in the U.S., and possibly other countries. You hereby consent to the transfer of your data to the U.S. as set forth herein Argos is committed to the following principles regarding the collection and use of Personal Information transferred from the EU: (1) notice, (2) consent, (3) accountability for onward transfer, (4) security, (5) data integrity and purpose limitation, (6) access and (7) recourse, enforcement and liability with respect to all Personal Information received from within the EU the “Principles”. The Principles require that we remain potentially liable if any third party processing Personal Information on our behalf fails to comply with these Principles (except to the extent we are not responsible for the event giving rise to any alleged damage).
Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions or concerns relating to our privacy practices.